Home » News » Public Safety
Nearly 3 months later, friends and family awaiting word from missing Conway teen Abigail Hernandez
"I just want to hear her voice," said her mother, who received a letter from her daughter in early November, but law enforcement officials have asked her not to disclose its contents.
Law enforcement investigators say that although she disappeared after walking away from Kennett High School on the afternoon of Oct. 9, they aren't thinking in terms of the calendar.
"I don't want to comment on the size and scale of what we are doing, but the posture of this investigation has not changed. There are still very active efforts going on, between the Conway police, the state police, and the FBI."
Meanwhile, a close friend of Abigail wrote a letter to her that was posted Saturday on the Bring Abby Home Facebook page, also asking for contact.
"After almost three months I still can't wrap my head around it," the friend wrote.
"I know you're out there. People want you home, need you home. Please though, if you can't do that, I hope you're happy. I hope you're safe. I hope that whatever decisions you've made will someday bring you back to us."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Father of missing Conway teen says he wants custody of his daughter - 0
- Mass. man safe after crashing plane into Lake Winnipesaukee - 0
- Lebanon police lieutenant resigns during internal probe into faking of fitness test results - 0
- Hampton man still in critical condition from Rte. 125 crash - 0
- UPDATE: Pilot OK after Lake Winnipesaukee plane crash - 0
- Hampton man in critical condition after crash on Route 125 - 0
- Concord water main break diverts traffic - 0
- Claremont convent ravaged by fire to be razed - 0
- Hampton woman pulled from truck, in hospital after I-95 crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ellsbury propels Yanks over Sox - 0
- Bruins shut out Wings - 0
- Phaneuf leads Derryfield laxers past Pelham - 0
- High School Volleyball results - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Teen recruited juvenile for burglaries - 0
- Cell phones, speakers stolen in separate incidents - 0
- House committee opposes bill to keep mental health records out of federal gun checks - 0
- Police say three lured contractor to robbery through Craigslist - 0
- Derry library's proposed 2015 budget moves forward - 0
Younger of two brothers convicted of murdering parents quietly released after 18 years in prison
High School Volleyball results
Bruins shut out Wings
Shaheen touts land conservation fund
Secret arrests? Not if we can help it
Prepare to pay more to park in Manchester
Latest Groton wind farm fight: Snow plowing