Home » News » Public Safety
Girl seriously injured in Acworth snowmobile crash
Fish and Game Conservation Officer Jonathan DeLisle, New Hampshire State Police troopers, and rescuers from Acworth and surrounding towns responded to the single snowmobile accident in Acworth on Sunday at 1:16 p.m., Fish and Game Lt. Craig Morrocco said Monday.
“Even though it was built for her age you can still get hurt on them, still get seriously injured,” Morrocco said.
She crashed while descending a hill on part of a marked snowmobile trail off of Grange Hall Road in South Acworth, DeLisle said.
“A preliminary investigation indicates that rider inexperience combined with a high rate of speed were the primary causes which led to the accident,” DeLisle said in a press release.
The crash is still under investigation.
According to state law, children are allowed to operate off road recreational vehicles like snowmobiles as long as there is a licensed adult riding within sight and hearing of the child, Morrocco said. Children under 12 are also required to wear helmets and eye protection and cannot cross a roadway.
Morrocco added, “People need to know their limitations and even though its legal to operate at that age you really need to know your child and the youngster that you are going with to know if they are old enough to operate a snowmobile.”
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Victim identified in fatal Pelham motorcycle accident - 0
- Man killed in Pelham motorcycle accident identified as local man, 24 - 0
- Manchester man seriously injured after driving into oncoming traffic - 0
- Derry police continue to look for missing gun left in courthouse bathroom - 0
- Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner - 2
- Merrimack police find car sticking into road, charge man - 0
- Police say impairment and speed not factors in fatal crash in Conway - 0
- Manchester man sustains life-threatening injuries in Bedford crash - 0
- Barrington man, 41, dies in cycle crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Police mum on reported shooting in Manchester - 0
- Manchester men charged with drive-by shooting in Nashua - 0
- Multiple reports say deal reached for Arthur T. to buy Market Basket - 0
- Fisher Cats get behind early, fall to Senators - 0
- Sox downed on pinch-hit homer - 0
- Sister of accused Boston marathon bombers arrested after bomb threat - 0
- Authorities mum about reports of shooting in Manchester - 0
- Bruins agree to long-term agreement with Providence - 0
- Stewart probe goes on - 0
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate