It was 'Whoa, Christmas Tree' at Londonderry burn
Now in its 19th year, the annual Tree Burn was hosted by Londonderry Boy Scout Troop #521 and remains one of the troop's largest fundraisers.
"There were years when we'd easily get 1,500 or more trees added onto the pile," said Ted Combes, who earned his Eagle Scout badge in 2004 and now serves on the Londonderry Budget Committee. He added: "I think more people tend to have the artificial trees these days."
"We use it to send our scouts to camp, to purchase new gear," Perry said. "It really helps out a lot when we go on our trips."
Perry said plans are already in the works for next year's Tree Burn.
"We're definitely in for a big celebration," he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 'Cadillac' health tax costs draw big worry - 13
- Wastewater lagoon blamed for Exit 4 odor - 0
- Author and poet Maya Angelou dies at 86 - 0
- After controversy, retired NH superior court judge fights for kudos - 4
- Road to be closed for fallen Brentwood officer's procession - 0
- Brentwood Officer Arkell's death adds fresh pain to somber law enforcement memorial ceremony - 1
- Conference participants take on climate change planning - 1
- NH agencies see growing needs for seniors - 1
- Nashua to combat substance abuse with knowledge at forum - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portland takes first of two from NH Fisher Cats Saturday - 0
- Readers' Choice winners say public vote is meaningful - 0
- Amherst mini-golf course is readers' top choice - 0
- Twins Smoke Shop focuses on good cigars, happy clients - 0
- 'Backstage' NASCAR passes are fans' delight in Loudon - 0
- Motorcyclist killed, passenger injured when hit by car in Manchester accident - 0
- Bicyclist injured when hit by car in Hudson - 0
- Police hope for driving dream, but prepared for driving nightmare in Loudon - 0
- Police investigate serious accident in Manchester - 0
New Hampshire events starting on July 13
Houston hands Red Sox a loss Saturday
With the NASCAR fans, Jr.'s The Man
VA woes across the country led NH to reforms
Alewives and leeches; fireworks in the rain