Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Queen City to host movie?
"Rebecca's Rising" imagines the possibility that a real coven of Satan worshippers was behind the Salem witch trials and is still at work in Salem today. Glimpses of Heath's real life can be found throughout the fictional tale. He grew up near Salem, Mass., in Marblehead, and is a direct descendant of both Rebecca Nurse, the last person tried and hanged during the witch trials, and her accuser Ann R. Putnam. Heath was once news director at WMUR; his main character, John Andrews, has a history in television news.
It is clear he will do everything in his power to keep filming in New Hampshire, and I hope he is successful. Maybe there is even a role for me as an extra. I would make an excellent witch, just ask my husband.
Noon Year's Eve
I love how many events The Currier Museum of Art has for families. I just wish I wasn't on the verge of a heart attack every moment we're inside.
"XANADU" is a simple story about a Greek muse, Clio, who descends from Mt. Olympus to Venice Beach in 1980 on a quest to inspire a struggling artist, Sonny, to achieve the greatest creation of his life — a roller disco. Sounds weird, right? It is, but so much fun because the actors are performing on roller skates.
Tickets range from $15 to $45; the show runs through Jan. 25. For more information on this and other fun shows around Manchester, visit www.NH365.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 'Cadillac' health tax costs draw big worry - 13
- Wastewater lagoon blamed for Exit 4 odor - 0
- Author and poet Maya Angelou dies at 86 - 0
- After controversy, retired NH superior court judge fights for kudos - 4
- Road to be closed for fallen Brentwood officer's procession - 0
- Brentwood Officer Arkell's death adds fresh pain to somber law enforcement memorial ceremony - 1
- Conference participants take on climate change planning - 1
- NH agencies see growing needs for seniors - 1
- Nashua to combat substance abuse with knowledge at forum - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Manchester's bike culture shifts into high gear - 0
- Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing? - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Red Sox makeover underway - 0
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: MacDonald has NHMS track experience - 0
- Drew Cline: Scott Brown plans to win over NH one handshake at a time - 0
- Anthony M. Kay - 0
- Walsh paces Sweeney Post past Laconia - 0
- Late rally lifts Red Sox past White Sox - 0
- On Baseball: Matinee win keeps Fisher Cats on a roll - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Salem drops $50 permit for Sunday sales
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Anthony M. Kay
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax