Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
Dover man charged with arson in New Year's Eve blaze
Glenn Breton, 47, of 7 Northway Circle, is accused of setting a fire in the hallway of 6 Northway Circle, an 18-unit apartment building, after he was asked to leave a resident's apartment.
The fire was reported at 11:44 p.m. Dec, 31, 2013, and building residents were able to put out the small fire. There were no injuries reported, but residents had to leave the building while Dover Fire and Rescue ventilated the building to get rid of smoke and ensure the fire was out.
A warrant for Breton's arrest for felony arson was obtained after an investigation by Dover Police Department detectives and crime scene unit officers and Dover Fire and Rescue personnel.
Authorities said Breton had visited a 6 Northway Circle resident earlier in the evening, but was asked to leave after a dispute. Breton is accused of returning to the building and setting fire to a Christmas decoration on the tenant's door.
The fire caused damage to the door, carpet and floor in the immediate area.
Breton was arrested Friday at his residence and was released on $500 personal recognizance bail. He is scheduled for arraignment at 9 a.m. Jan. 31 in Circuit Court-Dover District Division.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portsmouth teen accused in DWI crash waives hearing - 0
- Derry man faces child sex abuse images possession charges - 0
- Man arrested after two-state pursuit facing more charges - 0
- NH man sought in connection with Maine murder arrested on unrelated charges - 0
- Man accused of burglarizing state police barracks garage claims his rights were violated - 0
- Marriott's parents to face killer at his sentencing next month - 0
- Second arrest made in Portsmouth store robberies - 0
- Probable cause hearings set for pair facing series of drug charges - 0
- Arrested school construction employees back at work in Unity - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Allen Lessels on Motor Sports: Youngsters eye NHMS - 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Manchester's bike culture shifts into high gear - 0
- Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing? - 1
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Red Sox makeover underway - 1
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: MacDonald has NHMS track experience - 0
- Drew Cline: Scott Brown plans to win over NH one handshake at a time - 7
- Anthony M. Kay - 0
- Walsh paces Sweeney Post past Laconia - 0
- Late rally lifts Red Sox past White Sox - 0
132-mph street racers blow by trooper in Nashua, one of two arrested; motorcyclist arrested on I-93 doing 107 mph
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Mount Washington College to close 2 campuses
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax
Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing?
Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release
- Total Votes: 917