Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
Dover man charged with arson in New Year's Eve blaze
Glenn Breton, 47, of 7 Northway Circle, is accused of setting a fire in the hallway of 6 Northway Circle, an 18-unit apartment building, after he was asked to leave a resident's apartment.
The fire was reported at 11:44 p.m. Dec, 31, 2013, and building residents were able to put out the small fire. There were no injuries reported, but residents had to leave the building while Dover Fire and Rescue ventilated the building to get rid of smoke and ensure the fire was out.
A warrant for Breton's arrest for felony arson was obtained after an investigation by Dover Police Department detectives and crime scene unit officers and Dover Fire and Rescue personnel.
Authorities said Breton had visited a 6 Northway Circle resident earlier in the evening, but was asked to leave after a dispute. Breton is accused of returning to the building and setting fire to a Christmas decoration on the tenant's door.
The fire caused damage to the door, carpet and floor in the immediate area.
Breton was arrested Friday at his residence and was released on $500 personal recognizance bail. He is scheduled for arraignment at 9 a.m. Jan. 31 in Circuit Court-Dover District Division.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Supreme Court: Indigent woman entitled to state-funded services - 0
- Following drug bust, questions raised about Manchester pizza restaurant - 1
- Somersworth man charged in three incidents - 0
- Fathers of injured teens pleased with order sending back Coco to jail - 0
- Exeter man arraigned in pair of Portsmouth armed robberies - 0
- Pa. man will go to trial for two-state chase - 0
- Arrest made in fake Nashua bomb threat - 0
- Two of Gregory Smart's killers nearing release - 15
- Speeding stop leads to drug and alcohol charges for Nashua men - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portland takes first of two from NH Fisher Cats Saturday - 0
- Readers' Choice winners say public vote is meaningful - 0
- Amherst mini-golf course is readers' top choice - 0
- Twins Smoke Shop focuses on good cigars, happy clients - 0
- 'Backstage' NASCAR passes are fans' delight in Loudon - 0
- Motorcyclist killed, passenger injured when hit by car in Manchester accident - 0
- Bicyclist injured when hit by car in Hudson - 0
- Police hope for driving dream, but prepared for driving nightmare in Loudon - 0
- Police investigate serious accident in Manchester - 0
New Hampshire events starting on July 13
Houston hands Red Sox a loss Saturday
Coco is back in jail, but maybe not for long
VA woes across the country led NH to reforms
The U.S. is a beacon still
With the NASCAR fans, Jr.'s The Man
Bicyclist injured when hit by car in Hudson
- Total Votes: 917