Home » News » Weather » Storm Blog
Coastal flooding forces road closures
At Hampton Beach, storm surge flooded Ashworth Ave and a number of side streets. (John Kane/Hampton Beach Village District)
Astronomical high tides combined with the powerful ocean storm to create a mess on Route 1A in Hampton, North Hampton and Rye around the time of high tide.
In Rye, a car became stuck in the flooding on Route 1A near Rye Harbor State Park, but the driver was rescued and the car was towed away.
The fire department was called in and used one of its trucks to reach the driver. His car was later towed out of the water.
Crews also had to make repairs to the Foss Beach seawall in Rye. The seawall is a shale pile that was damaged by wind and water splashing over and through it, Walsh said.
Snow banks blocked the floodwater from receding and caused some of it to drain differently, he said.
Sullivan said it would take several hours for the water to recede.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua’s State of the City speech postponed by snow - 0
- No major accidents reported in Goffstown - 0
- Expect Route 3A to be closed in Bow until 8 p.m. - 0
- I-93 at a standstill in Hooksett-Concord area - 0
- Dover offices and library close early Tuesday - 0
- Storm closes down town hall and cancels meetings in Farmington Tuesday - 0
- Belmont hearing on Route 106 road work postponed - 0
- Several accidents reported in Londonderry - 0
- Hudson's Rogers Memorial Library closes early - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UNH hires former Attorney General Delaney to investigate reporting delays on athletic improprieties - 0
- No dice: House kills casino gambling bill - 0
- Poetry Out Loud championship rescheduled due to storm - 0
- Portsmouth buildings evacuated for reported gas leak - 0
- Mass. man dies in Chesterfield crash - 0
- Manchester collision results in pedestrian's death - 0
- SCORE workshop offers social media tips - 0
- Sens. Shaheen, Ayotte slam latest push for online sales tax - 4
- Bedford girls basketball team spreads the scoring wealth - 0
SCORE workshop offers social media tips
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal