Home » News » Weather » Storm Blog
Wind, cold complicate storm cleanup efforts
"We have about 55 pieces of equipment out right now clearing the roads throughout Nashua," Eric Ryder, superintendent of streets for the city said on Friday. "Our main priority is keeping the roads open and passable for emergency safety vehicles."
"The cold temperatures and wind is not helping us. The treatment and salt doesn't work in these kinds of conditions," said Ryder, adding that public works crews are working around the clock to ensure safe roads.
All 12 of the priority routes were cleared by Friday morning, and crews were beginning to plow the secondary roadways throughout the city, according to Ryder. Once all of the streets have been plowed, which Ryder hoped would be accomplished by Friday night, those same crews are scheduled to begin clearing city sidewalks throughout the night into Saturday morning.
Once the snow is removed, it is trucked to the Mine Falls Park area, where it is dumped until the spring melt.
Kates estimated that Nashua experienced about 8 inches of snowfall by Friday morning, and could see about 10 inches of snow by the end of this weather pattern.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua’s State of the City speech postponed by snow - 0
- No major accidents reported in Goffstown - 0
- Expect Route 3A to be closed in Bow until 8 p.m. - 0
- I-93 at a standstill in Hooksett-Concord area - 0
- Dover offices and library close early Tuesday - 0
- Storm closes down town hall and cancels meetings in Farmington Tuesday - 0
- Belmont hearing on Route 106 road work postponed - 0
- Several accidents reported in Londonderry - 0
- Hudson's Rogers Memorial Library closes early - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester fire heavily damages one apartment - 0
- Senate approves parental rights bill - 0
- Senate passes Medicaid expansion on bipartisan vote - 1
- Raymond police investigating thefts of cord wood - 0
- House kills suicide-related bills - 1
- Staples to shut 225 stores as online competition hurts sales - 0
- Pelham police arrest Mass. man near scene of thefts from cars - 0
- UPDATE: Boscawen police have two men in custody - 0
- Derry teen credited with saving home from kitchen fire - 0
House votes for cellphone ban while driving