Attempt to thaw pipes sparks Derry fire
A woman living at the house at 5 Mt. Pleasant St. who has a history of respiratory problems developed shortness of breath outside and was taken to Parkland Medical Center, according to the fire department.
The American Red Cross helped five adults and two dogs with finding a place to stay, authorities said.
It took firefighters about an hour to bring the fire, reported at 8:49 a.m., under control.
Fire damage was limited mostly to the structure itself, and residents were able to recover the majority of their belongings...