Apr 10, 2014
Apr 3, 2014
Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Distressed Derry man stunned and charged after posting threats on Facebook
Shawn Decoste, 36, then charged at officers with a claw hammer and tried to grab the gun of one officer when police came to check on his welfare, police said in a press release .
Decoste, of 109 Franklin St, apt. 3D, was arraigned in 10th Circuit Court in Derry today on charges of first-degree assault, attempted first-degree assault, (attempted) taking of a police officer's firearm, all felonies; and a misdemeanor charge of resisting arrest.
Police had gone to the apartment and announced their presence. When they entered the apartment, they called out to Decoste to come out from a bedroom of the apartment, police said.
Decoste emerged from the bedroom with a claw hammer and charged at them, swinging the hammer at the first officer's head. The officer was able to deflect the blow but was hit on the forearm with the hammer.
A struggle then ensued as officers tried to take Decoste into custody. During the struggle, Decoste attempted to pull an officer's handgun from his holster. The officers then used a taser to finally subdue Decoste and arrest him, according to police.
The name of the injured officer wasn't available and police didn't say what prompted Decoste to make the threats.
Decoste's bail was set at $250,000 cash. He remains in custody at the Rockingham County jail. He is scheduled for a probable cause hearing before Circuit Court on Monday, Jan. 13.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say trio used Craigslist to lure, rob contractor - 0
- Burglars take $210K in cash from safe in Salem home - 0
- Judge rejects new rape trial for ex-Salem planning board member - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Man accused of writing company checks to himself - 0
- Police say man clocked doing 100 on Route 11 in Wilmot - 0
- Portsmouth arrests 2 for heroin sales - 5
- Student brings knife into Nashua school - 0
- Ex-director jailed for theft from Londonderry nursery school - 2
- Ex-coach found not guilty on sexual assault charges a second time - 9
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Spring fever brings hope for U.S. investors as earnings season looms - 0
- Merrimack storage facility to be region's largest - 0
- C's lose tiebreaker for draft order - 0
- NHIAA Girls' Lacrosse: Pinkerton girls rout Salem - 0
- NHIAA Softball: Dover's speed foils Central - 0
- Transition to new grading system continues in Nashua - 0
- This Week's Rare Bird Alert - 0
- Four burglaries reported in Manchester on Thursday - 0
- State Senate approves bill to name Derry bridge after fallen Marine - 0
Portsmouth arrests 2 for heroin sales
Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start
Manchester superintendent kills controversial redistricting plan following parental opposition
Sen. Odell won't seek re-election
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917