Home » News » Weather » Storm Blog
Storm cancels some MHT flights
The flight board online at Manchester-Boston Regional Airport -- FlyManchester.com -- showed 15 flight arrival cancellations and nine canceled departures by mid-afternoon. There were many additional delayed flights.
MHT recommends air travelers check in with their respective airline for flight status and any changes.
Roads and highways around greater Manchester remain slick, even as snow fall has let up some in Manchester, as of 2:30 p.m. Thursday. The city of Manchester has declared a snow emergency, starting Thursday night at 10 and going until 6 a.m. Friday. The snow emergency means no parking on city streets.
Gov. Maggie Hassan issued a statement as the storm socked New Hampshire.
"Forecasts indicate that travel conditions on New Hampshire’s roadways will continue to be the most pressing area of concern for the state during this winter storm," Hassan said. "I strongly encourage all New Hampshire residents to exercise the common sense that Granite Staters are known for, follow all traffic and safety alerts, and drive safely on the roads. Department of Transportation employees are working around the clock to keep our roads and highways as clear as possible, and Homeland Security and Emergency Management officials are in close contact with the National Weather Service as well as local communities to ensure that they have the support they need. We will continue to closely monitor the storm and provide updates as needed."
The speed limit on state highways and turnpikes was lowered to 45 mph in response to the snowfall.
* * * *
On the web:
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Henniker police shoot suspect in truck heist - 0
- More than 200,000 New Hampshire customers without power - 1
- Thanksgiving travel a nightmare as storm dumps heavy, wet snow - 3
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Pats put selves in strong position - 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl will go as scheduled - 0
- Red Sox think they got free agent signings right this time - 0
- Turkey Bowls: Passion always on the menu - 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl: Crusaders aim to rewrite history - 0
- Dave Solomon's Power Plays: Who knew what and when in PSNH scrubber case? - 0
Person found dead in Manchester alley
On being American: A point for reflection
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket