Home » News » Weather » Storm Blog
State police cruiser struck at accident in North Hampton, trooper injured
Sgt. Michael McQuade was sitting in his cruiser along Interstate 95 north when a tractor-trailer and a car collided nearby, State Police Lt. Chris Vetter said.
The car then careened into the back of the cruiser, Vetter said. McQuade had responded to an accident and was parked when his cruiser was hit.
Vetter said McQuade was transported to Portsmouth Regional Hospital where he was treated for minor injuries and released. The driver of the car, whose name wasn’t available, also was sent to the hospital and later released.
Vetter said the cruiser sustained significant damage.
The accident was one of dozens that have kept police busy throughout the day. By 3 p.m., Vetter said State Police from Troop A had responded to an estimated 40 calls involving accidents or vehicles that slid off the road in the slippery conditions. The bulk of the incidents occurred on I-95 and Route 101.
READER COMMENTS: 18
- Alexandria support for wind farm not strong, officials say - 3
- Third wind farm company withdraws leases for Newfound-area project - 8
- NH officials again request options for Northern Pass path - 23
- Legislator calls for closing of Groton wind farm - 16
- PUC report says PSNH should sell its plants and the public should pay - 20
- Report on PSNH power plants heartens utility's competitors - 0
- NH high court to hear arguments on valuation of crude oil pipeline - 0
- More calls made to learn about past winter's energy price spike - 1
- Wind energy company cited for Groton violations - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Flooding shuts down North Country highways - 0
- Officials say Northfield man presumed drowned after 'Polar Plunge' - 0
- Legislative committees move 4.2-cent-per-gallon gas tax increase closer to reality - 6
- Northfield man presumed dead after 'Polar Plunge' in Bristol - 1
- Power restored to downtown Manchester - 0
- Supreme Court: Liquor Commission, trial judge did not follow right-to-know law - 1
- Driver identified in fatal Northumberland crash - 0
- AG agrees man who killed woman, 70, in Littleton hotel was insane at time - 1
Premium spike: Obamacare costs NH
Flooding shuts down North Country highways
Rep. Shea-Porter honored for efforts to aid in health care by National Association of Community Health Centers