Home » News » Weather » Storm Blog
State police cruiser struck at accident in North Hampton, trooper injured
Sgt. Michael McQuade was sitting in his cruiser along Interstate 95 north when a tractor-trailer and a car collided nearby, State Police Lt. Chris Vetter said.
The car then careened into the back of the cruiser, Vetter said. McQuade had responded to an accident and was parked when his cruiser was hit.
Vetter said McQuade was transported to Portsmouth Regional Hospital where he was treated for minor injuries and released. The driver of the car, whose name wasn’t available, also was sent to the hospital and later released.
Vetter said the cruiser sustained significant damage.
The accident was one of dozens that have kept police busy throughout the day. By 3 p.m., Vetter said State Police from Troop A had responded to an estimated 40 calls involving accidents or vehicles that slid off the road in the slippery conditions. The bulk of the incidents occurred on I-95 and Route 101.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua’s State of the City speech postponed by snow - 0
- No major accidents reported in Goffstown - 0
- Expect Route 3A to be closed in Bow until 8 p.m. - 0
- I-93 at a standstill in Hooksett-Concord area - 0
- Dover offices and library close early Tuesday - 0
- Storm closes down town hall and cancels meetings in Farmington Tuesday - 0
- Belmont hearing on Route 106 road work postponed - 0
- Several accidents reported in Londonderry - 0
- Hudson's Rogers Memorial Library closes early - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Water main break in downtown Nashua - 0
- Roommate convicted of selling heroin out of former Manchester teacher's home - 0
- Manchester fire heavily damages one apartment - 0
- Senate approves parental rights bill - 0
- Senate passes Medicaid expansion on bipartisan vote - 3
- Raymond police investigating thefts of cord wood - 0
- House kills suicide-related bills - 1
- Staples to shut 225 stores as online competition hurts sales - 0
- Pelham police arrest Mass. man near scene of thefts from cars - 0
House votes for cellphone ban while driving