Home » News » Weather » Storm Blog
State police cruiser struck at accident in North Hampton, trooper injured
Sgt. Michael McQuade was sitting in his cruiser along Interstate 95 north when a tractor-trailer and a car collided nearby, State Police Lt. Chris Vetter said.
The car then careened into the back of the cruiser, Vetter said. McQuade had responded to an accident and was parked when his cruiser was hit.
Vetter said McQuade was transported to Portsmouth Regional Hospital where he was treated for minor injuries and released. The driver of the car, whose name wasn’t available, also was sent to the hospital and later released.
Vetter said the cruiser sustained significant damage.
The accident was one of dozens that have kept police busy throughout the day. By 3 p.m., Vetter said State Police from Troop A had responded to an estimated 40 calls involving accidents or vehicles that slid off the road in the slippery conditions. The bulk of the incidents occurred on I-95 and Route 101.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- George Will: Regulatory overkill everywhere - 0
- Another View -- Marilinda Garcia: Ann Kuster loves Obamacare but won't pay for it - 33
- John Stossel: Earth Day is more like Earth Daze - 3
- Drew Cline: Rand Paul's coalition vs. Ted Cruz's army - 5
- Another View -- Jeff Goley and Will Infantine: Time for an increase in weekly benefits for NH unemployed - 4
- George Will: Understanding our divisions - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: Attorney General Eric Holder's race card - 0
- Another View -- Bobby Jindal: NH should trust parents to choose schools - 14
- Charles Arlinghaus: A $400 million hole was just blown in the state budget - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: It's time to make legislative sausage - 0
- Memory of bombings remains vivid for those who were there - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: No power play in aldermanic chambers, mayor in good spirits - 1
- On Baseball: Locke pitches game in minor league rehab - 0
- NH's top prospects happy to be part of Boston - 0
- Relative newcomers vie for Boston title - 0
- NH College Notebook: Franklin Pierce's King named to 18U coaching staff - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: New Hampshire makes a big deal about Boston Marathon - 0
- Another View - Ahad Fazelat: How Medicare reimbursement numbers are misleading - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire
A cellphone ban: Ignoring inconvenient data
Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Restaurant owner faces up to challenge of Obamacare
'He is risen': 'As he said'