Home » News » Weather » Storm Blog
State police cruiser struck at accident in North Hampton, trooper injured
Sgt. Michael McQuade was sitting in his cruiser along Interstate 95 north when a tractor-trailer and a car collided nearby, State Police Lt. Chris Vetter said.
The car then careened into the back of the cruiser, Vetter said. McQuade had responded to an accident and was parked when his cruiser was hit.
Vetter said McQuade was transported to Portsmouth Regional Hospital where he was treated for minor injuries and released. The driver of the car, whose name wasn’t available, also was sent to the hospital and later released.
Vetter said the cruiser sustained significant damage.
The accident was one of dozens that have kept police busy throughout the day. By 3 p.m., Vetter said State Police from Troop A had responded to an estimated 40 calls involving accidents or vehicles that slid off the road in the slippery conditions. The bulk of the incidents occurred on I-95 and Route 101.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
- St. Anselm football players practice ini August heat - 0
- White, Glenn lift Fisher Cats over Harrisburg, 6-4 - 0
- KSC field hockey first in coaches poll - 0
- New England Patriots guard Mankins traded to Tampa for TE Wright - 0
- NH Fisher Cat Lee still striving for making it to the major leagues - 0
- Former city restaurateur gets jail sentence for sex assault - 0
- Former high school art teacher gets suspended sentence in drug case - 0
- New Manchester school district standards to give teachers more leeway - 0
Market Basket: 'So close, yet so far'
Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate