Home » News » Public Safety
Community remembers Pinkerton junior killed in New Year's Eve crash
"We extend our deepest condolences to the family of Kyle Ross and we offer our heartfelt prayers and thoughts for Johanna's recovery," Headmaster Mary Anderson said Thursday.
Ross died at 3 p.m. Wednesday, Capt. Vern Thomas said.
"Here's to a night of memories made and memories forgotten," was Ross' final post on his Twitter account New Year's Eve.
"Rest in peace Kyle, you will be missed," one post read. "It feels like just yesterday I was talking to Kyle in 8th grade..."
Ross was remembered by Athletic Director Timothy Powers as a hustling member of the freshman baseball team he played for in 2012.
"I remember him being a good kid," Powers said.
The team won the freshman championship that year, beating Londonderry.
The crash is under investigation by the Derry police crash team, Thomas said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fugitive of the week arrested in Maine - 0
- Jacob Brown - 0
- 2 dead, 17 injured in NYC building explosion - 1
- Milan voters support Kenney in tight race, elect two new selectmen - 0
- Auburn police contract approved - 0
- Newton selectmen chairman defeated in election - 0
- Candia to look at alternatives to Central High School - 0
- Goffstown rejects $4.5M fire station plan - 0
- Bedford votes down fire substation; $30M for roads approved - 0
NH oil dealer who failed to deliver convicted in Montana of millions in construction fraud
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal