Apr 10, 2014
Apr 3, 2014
Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Burglar gets $700 in change after dropping in from ceiling
MANCHESTER — A sneaky burglar made off with about $700 in change after he jumped down into a pizzeria’s office from a drop ceiling after making his way overhead from the restaurant’s rest room.
Police said the manager of Pizza Express, 245 Maple St., discovered the burglary late Wednesday afternoon. He told police he left his office for a short time and when he returned he noticed some minor ransacking and two boxes of coins totaling about $700 missing.
Upper shelves in the office had some debris on them from the ceiling tiles, police noted. Video surveillance recorded a man entering the restaurant through a rear door and going directly into the rest room. A short time later, the same man is recorded leaving the rest room and exiting the restaurant through the same rear door.
The man is described as a 6-foot, Hispanic man with a goatee. He is about 30 years old and weighs about 170 pounds. He wore a white puffy jacket with a hood, a ball cap with a pink brim, blue jeans and dark shoes.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry man accused of threatening, sexually assaulting two girls - 0
- Hollis police say stun gun needed on ‘unruly’ man - 0
- AG agrees man who killed woman, 70, in Littleton hotel was insane at time - 1
- Police accuse man of trying to sell guitars, amps taken in Manchester burglary - 0
- Mother and child startled by late-night intruder in their Manchester living room - 0
- Hollis police use stun gun on man described as unruly - 1
- Rochester man arrested after crash in Somersworth - 0
- Dover man accused of trying to sexually assault a girl - 0
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Deadline extended for startup competition in Rochester - 0
- Parents speak out against Jewett Street School proposal - 0
- Citizens Bank offers good citizen scholarships - 0
- Rochester man arrested following crash in Somersworth Monday night - 0
- Stocks end higher as blue chips rally - 0
- NH jobless rate dips to 4.5 percent - 0
- Justice returns to North Country alma mater to speak to students - 0
- New program recognizes Colebrook students for volunteering - 0
- Thomas Sowell: Fraudulent stats behind 'equal pay' claims - 0
Flooding shuts down North Country highways
Authorities detonate suspicious package left near Boston Marathon finish line on one-year anniversary of bombing
Rep. Shea-Porter honored for efforts to aid in health care by National Association of Community Health Centers
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917