Apr 19, 2014
Apr 10, 2014
Apr 3, 2014
Mar 12, 2014
Burglar gets $700 in change after dropping in from ceiling
MANCHESTER — A sneaky burglar made off with about $700 in change after he jumped down into a pizzeria’s office from a drop ceiling after making his way overhead from the restaurant’s rest room.
Police said the manager of Pizza Express, 245 Maple St., discovered the burglary late Wednesday afternoon. He told police he left his office for a short time and when he returned he noticed some minor ransacking and two boxes of coins totaling about $700 missing.
Upper shelves in the office had some debris on them from the ceiling tiles, police noted. Video surveillance recorded a man entering the restaurant through a rear door and going directly into the rest room. A short time later, the same man is recorded leaving the rest room and exiting the restaurant through the same rear door.
The man is described as a 6-foot, Hispanic man with a goatee. He is about 30 years old and weighs about 170 pounds. He wore a white puffy jacket with a hood, a ball cap with a pink brim, blue jeans and dark shoes.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Citizens Bank robbed Saturday in Manchester - 0
- Four burglaries reported in Manchester on Thursday - 0
- Manchester woman arrested twice in two days - 1
- Police say trio used Craigslist to lure, rob contractor - 7
- Burglars take $210K in cash from safe in Salem home - 0
- Judge rejects new rape trial for ex-Salem planning board member - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Man accused of writing company checks to himself - 0
- Police say man clocked doing 100 on Route 11 in Wilmot - 0
- Portsmouth arrests 2 for heroin sales - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: It's time to make legislative sausage - 0
- Memory of bombings remains vivid for those who were there - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: No power play in aldermanic chambers, mayor in good spirits - 1
- On Baseball: Locke pitches game in minor league rehab - 0
- NH's top prospects happy to be part of Boston - 0
- Relative newcomers vie for Boston title - 0
- NH College Notebook: Franklin Pierce's King named to 18U coaching staff - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: New Hampshire makes a big deal about Boston Marathon - 0
- Another View - Ahad Fazelat: How Medicare reimbursement numbers are misleading - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire
A cellphone ban: Ignoring inconvenient data
Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Restaurant owner faces up to challenge of Obamacare
'He is risen': 'As he said'
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917