Apr 10, 2014
Apr 3, 2014
Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Manchester Crimewatch: Teen charged with transporting alcohol, aggravated DWI
Says he was celebrating
A Derry man Thursday told a Circuit Court-Manchester District Division judge that he was out for the first time since sustaining a broken jaw when he was arrested early New Year’s Day.
Police said Officer Casey Finn was on patrol early Wednesday morning when he saw a man, later identified as Couto, pick up a cigarette ash container and throw it to the ground in front of Murphy’s Tap Room, 494 Elm St. Finn reported that when he stopped to investigate further, Couto became increasingly belligerent, yelling obscenities and pushing Finn in the shoulder. After a minor struggle, Finn reported, he was able to take Couto into custody.
When police arrested Rico Lanzillotti, 30, of 461 Beech St., Wednesday for punching his girlfriend in the head, they also arrested him on warrants for assaulting a man in the Central Street alley, at Union Street, Aug. 7. In August, his address was on Central Street.
Bail was set at $1,500 cash/surety, with conditions that include no contact with either alleged victim. Trial was set for Feb. 3.
Tracy Dowell’s girlfriend told police that he applied pressure to her throat that caused her to lose consciousness Wednesday night. As a result of the woman’s claims, Dowell, 45, of 231 Wilson St., was charged with second-degree assault.
The misdemeanor charges allege he poured a gallon of water on the woman while she was sleeping, grabbed her by the hair and pulled her to the floor, stomped on her chest with his left foot, and told her: “Look at me. I’m going to kill you.”
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say trio used Craigslist to lure, rob contractor - 0
- Burglars take $210K in cash from safe in Salem home - 0
- Judge rejects new rape trial for ex-Salem planning board member - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Man accused of writing company checks to himself - 0
- Police say man clocked doing 100 on Route 11 in Wilmot - 0
- Portsmouth arrests 2 for heroin sales - 5
- Student brings knife into Nashua school - 0
- Ex-director jailed for theft from Londonderry nursery school - 2
- Ex-coach found not guilty on sexual assault charges a second time - 9
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Datsyuk goal lets Wings take flight over Bruins in playoff opener - 0
- Monarchs finish regular season with OT loss - 0
- Keystone XL pipeline decision delayed, likely until after elections - 0
- Spring fever brings hope for U.S. investors as earnings season looms - 0
- Merrimack storage facility to be region's largest - 0
- C's lose tiebreaker for draft order - 0
- NHIAA Girls' Lacrosse: Pinkerton girls rout Salem - 0
- NHIAA Softball: Dover's speed foils Central - 0
- Transition to new grading system continues in Nashua - 0
Portsmouth arrests 2 for heroin sales
Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start
Manchester superintendent kills controversial redistricting plan following parental opposition
- Total Votes: 917