Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
Manchester Crimewatch: Teen charged with transporting alcohol, aggravated DWI
Says he was celebrating
A Derry man Thursday told a Circuit Court-Manchester District Division judge that he was out for the first time since sustaining a broken jaw when he was arrested early New Year’s Day.
Police said Officer Casey Finn was on patrol early Wednesday morning when he saw a man, later identified as Couto, pick up a cigarette ash container and throw it to the ground in front of Murphy’s Tap Room, 494 Elm St. Finn reported that when he stopped to investigate further, Couto became increasingly belligerent, yelling obscenities and pushing Finn in the shoulder. After a minor struggle, Finn reported, he was able to take Couto into custody.
When police arrested Rico Lanzillotti, 30, of 461 Beech St., Wednesday for punching his girlfriend in the head, they also arrested him on warrants for assaulting a man in the Central Street alley, at Union Street, Aug. 7. In August, his address was on Central Street.
Bail was set at $1,500 cash/surety, with conditions that include no contact with either alleged victim. Trial was set for Feb. 3.
Tracy Dowell’s girlfriend told police that he applied pressure to her throat that caused her to lose consciousness Wednesday night. As a result of the woman’s claims, Dowell, 45, of 231 Wilson St., was charged with second-degree assault.
The misdemeanor charges allege he poured a gallon of water on the woman while she was sleeping, grabbed her by the hair and pulled her to the floor, stomped on her chest with his left foot, and told her: “Look at me. I’m going to kill you.”
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man arrested after two-state pursuit facing more charges - 0
- NH man sought in connection with Maine murder arrested on unrelated charges - 0
- Man accused of burglarizing state police barracks garage claims his rights were violated - 0
- Marriott's parents to face killer at his sentencing next month - 0
- Second arrest made in Portsmouth store robberies - 0
- Probable cause hearings set for pair facing series of drug charges - 0
- Arrested school construction employees back at work in Unity - 0
- Dover man questioned regarding Maine double murder - 0
- 132-mph street racers blow by trooper in Nashua, one of two arrested; motorcyclist arrested on I-93 doing 107 mph - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Manchester's bike culture shifts into high gear - 0
- Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing? - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Red Sox makeover underway - 0
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: MacDonald has NHMS track experience - 0
- Drew Cline: Scott Brown plans to win over NH one handshake at a time - 0
- Anthony M. Kay - 0
- Walsh paces Sweeney Post past Laconia - 0
- Late rally lifts Red Sox past White Sox - 0
- On Baseball: Matinee win keeps Fisher Cats on a roll - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Salem drops $50 permit for Sunday sales
Anthony M. Kay
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax
Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing?
Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917