Home » News » Public Safety
Derry teens remain hospitalized in Boston
Police say 17-year-old Kyle Ross of Derry remained in critical condition Wednesday at Massachusetts General Hospital, where he was flown after the accident around 10:30 p.m. Tuesday.
Ross was driving the car that crashed into a tree at a high-rate of speed.
Passenger Johanna Morse is also listed in critical condition at Tufts Medical Center. The 16-year-old from Derry was also flown to Boston after firefighters used hydraulic equipment to cut through and pry apart the wreckage enough to remove the two teens.
Police said a 16-year-old boy from Chester who also was in the vehicle suffered injuries that were non-life threatening. Fire officials say he was the only one in the car wearing a seat belt.
Derry Fire Battalion Chief Jack Webb firefighters got the victims out of the car within 10 minutes despite the massive damage to the car’s front end.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Motorcyclist suffers minor injuries in Saturday crash in Laconia - 0
- 18-year-old located with mother, brother on Mount Monadnock - 0
- Two killed in North Hampton plane crash - 0
- New fire training facility proposed in Nashua - 0
- 2 die in North Hampton plane crash - 0
- NH police on lookout for drunken drivers - 5
- Marine Patrol called to multiple crashes - 0
- Hiker rescued on Mount Monadnock - 0
- Laconia accident results in minor injuries for motorcyclist - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Know the Law: Know your rights when dealing with debt collectors - 0
- Ask SCORE: Getting help with routine chores allows owners to focus on critical issues - 0
- Another View - Richard Ober: We have to act now to stop the decline in NH's future prospects - 0
- Another View: Gordon Humphrey -- Rubens will bring principled, courageous leadership to Senate - 0
- Firefly dress could set the world on fire - 0
- As school year starts, talk of new testing begins in Manchester - 0
- Wildcats focus on positives following opening loss - 0
- NHIAA Field Hockey Preview: Exeter, Pinkerton girls thinking big - 0
- Frank Jones' foray into ale-making in Portsmouth is a success - 0
Two killed in North Hampton plane crash
Sherborne takes Manchester city golf crown
DWI License Revocations
Another View: Gordon Humphrey -- Rubens will bring principled, courageous leadership to Senate
'Our job is to rebuild that middle class'
The JV team: Obama's unbelievable admission