Home » News » Public Safety
Derry teens remain hospitalized in Boston
Police say 17-year-old Kyle Ross of Derry remained in critical condition Wednesday at Massachusetts General Hospital, where he was flown after the accident around 10:30 p.m. Tuesday.
Ross was driving the car that crashed into a tree at a high-rate of speed.
Passenger Johanna Morse is also listed in critical condition at Tufts Medical Center. The 16-year-old from Derry was also flown to Boston after firefighters used hydraulic equipment to cut through and pry apart the wreckage enough to remove the two teens.
Police said a 16-year-old boy from Chester who also was in the vehicle suffered injuries that were non-life threatening. Fire officials say he was the only one in the car wearing a seat belt.
Derry Fire Battalion Chief Jack Webb firefighters got the victims out of the car within 10 minutes despite the massive damage to the car’s front end.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Former UNH police chief remembered as 'amazing leader' - 0
- Pinkerton warns community of person soliciting students - 0
- Oil tanker strikes Memorial Bridge early Friday - 1
- Firefighters battle blaze at Pittsfield pizza plant - 0
- Water main break in downtown Nashua - 0
- Manchester fire heavily damages one apartment - 0
- Derry teen credited with saving home from kitchen fire - 1
- Nashua YMCA lifeguard: ‘My training just kicked in and instincts took over’ - 0
- Milford police officers want to meet you for coffee - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Central breaks away from Exeter - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth drops tournament opener - 0
- FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon - 0
- Official says Manchester lost out on $1.5m for cell tower court has now ordered built - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Derryfield's 'Mouse' made his mark - 0
- Rondo leads Celtics past Nets - 0
- Hats off to O'Neill, Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Maughn, Memorial top Londonderry - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Giampetruzzi leads Trinity into D-I semis - 0
Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Turkey vultures not commonly seen in NH until fairly recently
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief