Home » News » Public Safety
Derry teens remain hospitalized in Boston
Police say 17-year-old Kyle Ross of Derry remained in critical condition Wednesday at Massachusetts General Hospital, where he was flown after the accident around 10:30 p.m. Tuesday.
Ross was driving the car that crashed into a tree at a high-rate of speed.
Passenger Johanna Morse is also listed in critical condition at Tufts Medical Center. The 16-year-old from Derry was also flown to Boston after firefighters used hydraulic equipment to cut through and pry apart the wreckage enough to remove the two teens.
Police said a 16-year-old boy from Chester who also was in the vehicle suffered injuries that were non-life threatening. Fire officials say he was the only one in the car wearing a seat belt.
Derry Fire Battalion Chief Jack Webb firefighters got the victims out of the car within 10 minutes despite the massive damage to the car’s front end.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
- ATV sinks trying to skim water of Weirs Beach - 0
- Fire destroys vacant Nashua building - 0
- Pre-St. Pat's party at UMass turns violent, 43 arrested - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus
Dover man found not guilty of sex assault but convicted of drugging three women in Portsmouth