Home » News » Public Safety
Derry teens remain hospitalized in Boston
Police say 17-year-old Kyle Ross of Derry remained in critical condition Wednesday at Massachusetts General Hospital, where he was flown after the accident around 10:30 p.m. Tuesday.
Ross was driving the car that crashed into a tree at a high-rate of speed.
Passenger Johanna Morse is also listed in critical condition at Tufts Medical Center. The 16-year-old from Derry was also flown to Boston after firefighters used hydraulic equipment to cut through and pry apart the wreckage enough to remove the two teens.
Police said a 16-year-old boy from Chester who also was in the vehicle suffered injuries that were non-life threatening. Fire officials say he was the only one in the car wearing a seat belt.
Derry Fire Battalion Chief Jack Webb firefighters got the victims out of the car within 10 minutes despite the massive damage to the car’s front end.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- City police schedule community meeting - 1
- Missing Massachusetts woman returns home - 0
- Nashua man's condition upgraded after Hudson bicycle-car collision - 0
- Missing autistic Maine teen found in Jefferson woods - 0
- Nashua bicyclist hurt in collision with car - 0
- Three injured in Route 16 accident in Ossipee - 0
- State fire marshal urges eventual ban on all fireworks - 23
- Manchester welcomes 14 new police recruits - 7
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Manchester's bike culture shifts into high gear - 0
- Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing? - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Red Sox makeover underway - 0
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: MacDonald has NHMS track experience - 0
- Drew Cline: Scott Brown plans to win over NH one handshake at a time - 0
- Anthony M. Kay - 0
- Walsh paces Sweeney Post past Laconia - 0
- Late rally lifts Red Sox past White Sox - 0
- On Baseball: Matinee win keeps Fisher Cats on a roll - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Salem drops $50 permit for Sunday sales
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Anthony M. Kay
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax
Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing?
Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release