Tilton woman accused of receiving stolen property
January 01. 2014 7:56PM
MANCHESTER — A Tilton woman Tuesday asked a Circuit Court-Manchester District Division judge for personal recognizance bail on charges of receiving stolen property (2), operating after suspension and failure to signal a left turn.
When police stopped Tonya Ano, 31, of 20 Church St., at Lake and Barry avenues for the turn violation Nov. 25, 2012, they found her license was suspended and she had in the vehicle property reported stolen from a vehicle in Belmont.
She was originally released on $1,000 personal recognizance bail, but when she failed to appear in court, an electronic bench warrant was issued and bail was set at $500 cash/surety.
When Ano asked Judge William Lyons if there was any chance of personal recognizance bail now, Lyons responded: “You have not appeared twice.” Under those circumstances, he said, some cash bail is appropriate and he maintained the $500 bail from the warrant. Trial was set for Jan. 30.
Charged with contempt
A city teen pleaded innocent Tuesday in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division to a misdemeanor charge of contempt and trial was set for Jan. 30.
Hector Anthony Jimenez, 17, of 163 S. Beech St., was out on bail on an October receiving stolen property charge when he allegedly violated bail conditions by being with a prohibited person early Tuesday on Hanover Street.
Jimenez had been scheduled for arraignment Jan. 2 on charges of operating after suspension and failure to turn on lights, but those were also addressed Tuesday and set for trial Jan. 30.
Bail was set at $1,000 cash/surety, with conditions mirroring the original bail conditions.
Says kids depend on her
Lisa Waycott, 39, who lists the homeless shelter as her address, pleaded innocent Tuesday in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division to a misdemeanor charge of theft by unauthorized taking. Waycott is accused of taking an item and tucking it into her waistband Monday at Home Depot, 129 March Ave.
A bail commissioner set bail at $300 cash/surety, but Waycott asked for personal recognizance bail. She told Judge William Lyons she has four children, although one is an adult. “They are relying on me,” she said. Lyons reduced bail to $200, with conditions that include not going to Home Depot.
Taken under advisement
Circuit Court-Manchester District Division Judge William Lyons did not issue an immediate decision Tuesday morning on a bail revocation motion.
Prosecutor Andrea Lamy said David Ferreira twice violated bail conditions by calling the alleged victim and by going to her residence.But Ferreira’s attorney, Sara Rothman, said the alleged victim willingly spoke with Ferreira when he first texted and then spoke to her Saturday about picking up some belongings, then let him come into the apartment Sunday at about 9 a.m. Rothman said when the alleged victim left the apartment to go to work about 11 a.m., Ferreira had been there for two hours without incident.
Rothman said the alleged victim didn’t call police until she got home and was upset about some of what Ferreira had taken. The victim didn’t have any problem with the contact, Rothman said: “Until something happened she didn’t like.” Rothman noted no theft charges were filed against Ferreira.
Lamy responded: “Contact is prohibited even if it is mutual.”
Rothman said Ferreira would live with a sister in Saugus, Mass., if he is released on bail. She said he has four children and thinks he could get his job back and help support his children. Rothman requested a $500 cash-only bail on the two new stalking charges. His bail on the initial charge of criminal threatening was $1,000 personal recognizance.
If the judge decided not to revoke bail and hold Ferreira until trial on all charges Jan. 29, Lamy asked that bail on the new stalking charges be set at $10,000 cash/surety and bail on the underlying charge be changed to $5,000 cash/surety.
Accused of family assault
Stephanie Beard, 26, whose address is listed as the homeless shelter, pleaded innocent Tuesday in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division to three domestic assault charges.
Beard had failed to appear on the charges Dec. 4, so an electronic bench warrant was issued, with bail of $2,000 cash/surety.
She is accused of going to her family’s Quincy Street residence Nov. 2 and assaulting both her father and a sister. Court documents show Beard went to the family’s residence, where her father said she could sleep on the couch. He was awakened by the smoke alarm, set off by an unattended coffee pot in the kitchen. He went to investigate and when Beard’s sister joined him, Beard allegedly grabbed her sister’s arm and spit on her and, later, scratched her father’s face.
Bail was continued at $2,000 cash/surety, with conditions barring contact with the victims. Trial was set for Feb. 3.