Nov 6, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Woman tied to fatal crash contests drug charges
Cindy Sheppard, 48, of Hampton appeared Tuesday in Rockingham County Superior Court. (JAMES A. KIMBLE)
Cindy Sheppard, 48, asked a judge to throw out all evidence that Hampton police seized on June 4 from her home, which included a variety of drugs that led to her indictment, according to prosecutors.
He said there was also no connection between his client, and a woman known as "Cinderella" who was identified in some of the conversations as a drug dealer.
Reardon said the judge who granted the warrant should have requested more information from police.
Assistant County Attorney Karen Springer said the police affidavit included information from previous drug investigations that stretched back years and included other individuals.
Springer said that Hampton police used a compilation of information from the previous investigations in the area and surveillance on Sheppard apartment, where police say they spotted known drug runners.
Sheppard is facing seven counts of possession of a controlled drug.
She is due back in court for a pre-trial hearing on Jan. 24, and expected to go on trial in the drug case on Feb. 3.
Pamela Wells, 60, and Elise Bouchard, 52, both of Massachusetts, were killed from being struck by the car Hess drove southbound on Route 1A.
Hampton police found Sheppard had 7.3 grams of heroin in her home, along with four ounces of cocaine and small quantities of crack cocaine, oxycodone, diazepam, methylone and marijuana, according to prosecutors.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ferguson protests enter third day; arrests in St. Louis - 0
- Abuse history at Nashua address where 3-year-old died - 0
- Franklin robbery suspect sought, considered armed and dangerous - 0
- Franklin man and woman arraigned for attempted prostitution of minor - 0
- Police investigating death of 3-year-old girl in Nashua - 7
- Police say hit-and-run driver was observed tossing beer cans from car - 1
- Police say woman stole pocketbook at Hudson Market Basket - 0
- Police say former manager of Hudson McDonald's stole $10k from restaurant - 1
- Manchester man facing two aggravated felonious sexual assault charges - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl will go as scheduled - 0
- Red Sox think they got free agent signings right this time - 0
- Turkey Bowls: Passion always on the menu - 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl: Crusaders aim to rewrite history - 0
- Dave Solomon's Power Plays: Who knew what and when in PSNH scrubber case? - 0
- Story of Marine Memorial at Hampton Beach begins with Bill Downs - 0
- Immigrants include ethnic dishes at their Thanksgiving table - 0
- Puritans in America: Daniel Webster on religion's role - 0
- Mitt Romney is out front, but says he's not running again - 0
On being American: A point for reflection
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
Person found dead in Manchester alley
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483