Home » News » Public Safety
Ex-sergeant sues after Sandown police chief says he made up traffic stops
But the chief’s attorney said Gordon received information that Wood had been “routinely falsifying police records — that he in fact had been making up from ‘whole cloth’ supposed car stops, and entering information about those stops into the police computer system in order to pad his statistics.”
Wood filed a lawsuit in Rockingham County Superior Court, arguing that he should be removed from the state’s Laurie List, which lists police officers with potential credibility issues.
Wood claims his placement on the Laurie List, “directly caused his loss of employment with the Chester Police Department” where he recently applied for a job.
He said Gordon and another officer in the department conducted an internal investigation “which uncovered evidence that confirmed (Wood) had, in fact, made false entries into the police department computer system — most likely on hundreds of different occasions.”
“(Wood) neither admitted nor denied the charges against him,” Livernois said in court papers.
“There was positively no discussion of termination, discipline, sanction or otherwise,” Wood said in his complaint, adding that he had “an impeccable service record.”
Selectmen were made aware of Gordon’s finding, according to Wood, but it was not placed in his permanent file.
A judge is expected to hear testimony regarding Wood’s lawsuit in February.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Derry firefighters commended; fire investigation continues - 0
- Deadly crash driver: 'I was distracted' - 0
- Tactical team takes man, 71, into custody - 0
- Hudson rider misses jump, crashes bike - 0
- Injured hiker carried to safety off Mount Israel in Sandwich - 0
- Three-alarm fire heavily damages Franklin store - 0
- 74-year-old woman suffers serious injuries in hit-and-run incident in Windham - 0
- Grandmother charged in ATV crash with tot - 1
- ATV flips in Alton with 3-year-old on board - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua man accused of cutting wife’s throat committed to psychiatric hospital - 1
- Two may have stabbed each other in Concord parking garage incident, police say - 0
- Manchester joyride in a stolen truck lands two in handcuffs - 0
- High School Football Power Poll: Some shuffling in the middle - 0
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Pamela Diamantis: USNH’s tuition freeze offer is good for NH’s future - 1
- Crosstown Variety Store robbed in Manchester - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio: A well-earned celebration for Sox. - 0
- A’s earn their way into postseason play - 0
Dover man's nightmare lesson for everyone
Fall hikers throughout NH put on notice
'Strange ideas' Banning guns made in NH
Personhood Controversial? Really?
License revocations for DWI announced
Racism in Lincoln? Looks more like ignorance