Home » News » Public Safety
Ex-sergeant sues after Sandown police chief says he made up traffic stops
But the chief’s attorney said Gordon received information that Wood had been “routinely falsifying police records — that he in fact had been making up from ‘whole cloth’ supposed car stops, and entering information about those stops into the police computer system in order to pad his statistics.”
Wood filed a lawsuit in Rockingham County Superior Court, arguing that he should be removed from the state’s Laurie List, which lists police officers with potential credibility issues.
Wood claims his placement on the Laurie List, “directly caused his loss of employment with the Chester Police Department” where he recently applied for a job.
He said Gordon and another officer in the department conducted an internal investigation “which uncovered evidence that confirmed (Wood) had, in fact, made false entries into the police department computer system — most likely on hundreds of different occasions.”
“(Wood) neither admitted nor denied the charges against him,” Livernois said in court papers.
“There was positively no discussion of termination, discipline, sanction or otherwise,” Wood said in his complaint, adding that he had “an impeccable service record.”
Selectmen were made aware of Gordon’s finding, according to Wood, but it was not placed in his permanent file.
A judge is expected to hear testimony regarding Wood’s lawsuit in February.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Missing Massachusetts woman returns home - 0
- Nashua man's condition upgraded after Hudson bicycle-car collision - 0
- Missing autistic Maine teen found in Jefferson woods - 0
- Nashua bicyclist hurt in collision with car - 0
- Three injured in Route 16 accident in Ossipee - 0
- State fire marshal urges eventual ban on all fireworks - 23
- Manchester welcomes 14 new police recruits - 7
- Hampton police searching for missing Mass. woman - 0
- Officials mum on investigation of Lyman infant's death - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mazzaglia to be sentenced Aug. 14 for murder of UNH student - 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax - 5
- No one has a clear claim to NHMS supremacy - 0
- Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Does Concord have a big spending problem? - 1
- Ban fireworks? Get serious - 5
- Another View - Kevin Smith: Londonderry is showing how to make NH business-friendly - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Praising freedom: While curtailing it
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax