Home » News » Public Safety
Ex-sergeant sues after Sandown police chief says he made up traffic stops
But the chief’s attorney said Gordon received information that Wood had been “routinely falsifying police records — that he in fact had been making up from ‘whole cloth’ supposed car stops, and entering information about those stops into the police computer system in order to pad his statistics.”
Wood filed a lawsuit in Rockingham County Superior Court, arguing that he should be removed from the state’s Laurie List, which lists police officers with potential credibility issues.
Wood claims his placement on the Laurie List, “directly caused his loss of employment with the Chester Police Department” where he recently applied for a job.
He said Gordon and another officer in the department conducted an internal investigation “which uncovered evidence that confirmed (Wood) had, in fact, made false entries into the police department computer system — most likely on hundreds of different occasions.”
“(Wood) neither admitted nor denied the charges against him,” Livernois said in court papers.
“There was positively no discussion of termination, discipline, sanction or otherwise,” Wood said in his complaint, adding that he had “an impeccable service record.”
Selectmen were made aware of Gordon’s finding, according to Wood, but it was not placed in his permanent file.
A judge is expected to hear testimony regarding Wood’s lawsuit in February.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pair rescues dog from frozen Raymond river - 0
- Pilot safe after crash landing on Alton ice runway - 0
- Police dog Mingo is in even better hands - 0
- Manchester police honor their own for dedicated service - 1
- Damage from water main break closes portion of Allds Street in Nashua - 0
- Former UNH police chief remembered as 'amazing leader' - 0
- Pinkerton warns community of person soliciting students - 0
- Oil tanker strikes Memorial Bridge early Friday - 1
- Firefighters battle blaze at Pittsfield pizza plant - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact - 0
- Comcast-Time Warner Cable deal would create formidable giant - 0
- NH College Notebook: Rye's Drummond sets Smith College scoring mark - 0
- NHIAA Hockey Roundup: John Stark-Hopkinton eliminates Portsmouth - 0
- Livingston scores twice as Monarchs top Providence - 0
- NHIAA Basketball: Bedford girls top Trinity to advance - 0
- Ham radio introduction and class - 0
- NHIAA Hockey: Bedford rolls past Lebanon, into D-II semis - 0
- NHIAA Hockey: Sprague nets hat trick to lead Central past Trinity - 0
Two-alarm blaze at vacant building in Nashua
Roger Simon: How would Hillary handle Putin?
Charles Krauthammer: The wages of weakness
George Will: The face of IRS behavior