Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
May 29, 2014
Homeless man held for alleged sexually assault of girl, 7, in Dover last week
Tad Emerson, 22, who is homeless, was charged with aggravated felonious sexual assault stemming from an incident allegedly involving a girl, 7, in the early morning hours at an undisclosed local residence, according to Detective Sgt. Scott Pettingill.
Following an investigation, Pettingill said police arrested Emerson without incident at Frisbie Memorial Hospital in Rochester around 6 p.m. Tuesday. He added Emerson was at the hospital for an unrelated incident.
After declining the assistance of a bail commissioner, Emerson was held overnight in Strafford County jail. During his video arraignment Wednesday morning bail was set at $25,000 cash with the conditions that he have no contact with the girl or have unsupervised contact with any children under 18, according to Pettingill.
If released, Emerson would be monitored by the Strafford County Community Corrections Program, be required to have a GPS bracelet and have a curfew between 6 p.m. and 5 a.m. He must also undergo a mental health evaluation and a drug treatment program, according to court records.
As this is a felony charge, a probable cause hearing is scheduled for Jan. 10 at 10 a.m. in 7th Circuit Court – Dover District, according to court records.
Anyone with information about this case can contact Dover Police Department at (603) 742-4646, call the Dover Crimeline at (603) 749-6000, or submit information online at www.dovernhcrimeline.org.
- Mazzaglia to be sentenced Aug. 14 for murder of UNH student - 0
- Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot - 1
- Man arrested in two Portsmouth robberies - 0
- Manchester man arrested for attempted robbery in Laconia - 0
- Dover man among two sought in connection with Maine murder - 0
- High-speed chase starts in NH, ends in Massachusetts - 1
- Justices send drug case back to Rockingham County Superior Court - 0
- Backlash from former detective's early release increasing - 9
- East Kingston man sentenced to prison in sex assault case - 0
132-mph street racers blow by trooper in Nashua, one of two arrested; motorcyclist arrested on I-93 doing 107 mphREADER COMMENTS: 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax - 5
- No one has a clear claim to NHMS supremacy - 0
- Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Does Concord have a big spending problem? - 1
- Ban fireworks? Get serious - 5
- Another View - Kevin Smith: Londonderry is showing how to make NH business-friendly - 0
- Philadelphia outlasts Revolution, weather in U.S. Open Cup - 0
- Rock Cats sweep Fishers in rain-makeup doubleheader - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Praising freedom: While curtailing it
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917