Apr 10, 2014
Apr 3, 2014
Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Homeless man held for alleged sexually assault of girl, 7, in Dover last week
Tad Emerson, 22, who is homeless, was charged with aggravated felonious sexual assault stemming from an incident allegedly involving a girl, 7, in the early morning hours at an undisclosed local residence, according to Detective Sgt. Scott Pettingill.
Following an investigation, Pettingill said police arrested Emerson without incident at Frisbie Memorial Hospital in Rochester around 6 p.m. Tuesday. He added Emerson was at the hospital for an unrelated incident.
After declining the assistance of a bail commissioner, Emerson was held overnight in Strafford County jail. During his video arraignment Wednesday morning bail was set at $25,000 cash with the conditions that he have no contact with the girl or have unsupervised contact with any children under 18, according to Pettingill.
If released, Emerson would be monitored by the Strafford County Community Corrections Program, be required to have a GPS bracelet and have a curfew between 6 p.m. and 5 a.m. He must also undergo a mental health evaluation and a drug treatment program, according to court records.
As this is a felony charge, a probable cause hearing is scheduled for Jan. 10 at 10 a.m. in 7th Circuit Court – Dover District, according to court records.
Anyone with information about this case can contact Dover Police Department at (603) 742-4646, call the Dover Crimeline at (603) 749-6000, or submit information online at www.dovernhcrimeline.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry man accused of threatening, sexually assaulting two girls - 1
- Hollis police say stun gun needed on ‘unruly’ man - 0
- AG agrees man who killed woman, 70, in Littleton hotel was insane at time - 1
- Police accuse man of trying to sell guitars, amps taken in Manchester burglary - 0
- Mother and child startled by late-night intruder in their Manchester living room - 0
- Hollis police use stun gun on man described as unruly - 1
- Rochester man arrested after crash in Somersworth - 0
- Dover man accused of trying to sexually assault a girl - 0
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Track Preview: Jenkins paces defending champ North - 0
- NHIAA Girls' Track Preview: McCabe, Parker lead way - 0
- Manchester DPW chief says up to 20 layoffs possible with proposed budget - 7
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: O’Neill’s injury leaves offensive void - 0
- Allen Lessels' On Baseball: No doubt about it, Fisher Cats still confident - 0
- Another View -- Bobby Jindal: NH should trust parents to choose schools - 1
- Taxes and spending: Washington vs. NH - 2
- Texting while stopped: Banning safe behavior - 1
- Charles Arlinghaus: A $400 million hole was just blown in the state budget - 0
Taxes and spending: Washington vs. NH
Texting while stopped: Banning safe behavior
Manchester mayor: 'It's the tax cap budget'
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917