Home » News » Public Safety
Investigators considering possibility Abigail Hernandez ran away
In a Christmas letter to Abigail last week, Ruben Hernandez included this statement to his daughter: "Abby I am assuming that you did run away," he wrote.
FBI Agent Kieran Ramsey, one of the lead investigators in the missing person case, acknowledged that the investigation is considering the possibility that Abigail ran away, among several other possibilities.
Law enforcement officials have expressed "grave" concerns about Abigail's whereabouts, saying she could be somewhere held against her will.
The letter was written Oct. 22, postmarked Oct. 23 and received by Abby's mother Nov. 6, according to Senior Associate Attorney General Jane E. Young. Young would not say from where the letter had been postmarked, and authorities would not reveal its contents.
"Since a letter surfaced on Nov. 6, I'm just going to assume that she did (run away)," he said. "I hope this clarifies what I meant."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hudson may start charging for non-transport ambulance calls - 2
- Fire rips through Rochester industrial complex - 0
- Report due soon on alleged abuse at neuro-rehab centers - 0
- Five state police cruisers among many accidents due to storm - 0
- Person found dead in Manchester alley - 0
- Rymes Oil employees pull Bradford man from flaming wreck, but driver succumbs to injuries - 0
- Keene man killed in work accident in Troy Monday - 0
- Teen driver dies after being pulled from icy waters in Londonderry - 8
- Trio escapes Claremont fire after smoke wakes resident - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hamilton's OT goal wins for Bruins - 0
- Dowd's goal wins for Manchester - 0
- John Habib's City Sports:'Moment' is here: Derryfield CC renovation begins - 0
- Driver charged with DWI after mayhem on I-293 - 0
- Department of Employment Security sends confidential ID info to wrong firms - 0
- Day Three in the dark for many in NH - 0
- Man allegedly tries to run over officer in Manchester, police van crashes while responding - 0
- Hot deals, warm shoppers - 0
- Londonderry shelter gives residents warm place to stay after power outages - 0
Day Three in the dark for many in NH
Man allegedly tries to run over officer in Manchester, police van crashes while responding
Derry holiday parade to be held today
Hamilton's OT goal wins for Bruins