Home » News » Public Safety
Investigators considering possibility Abigail Hernandez ran away
In a Christmas letter to Abigail last week, Ruben Hernandez included this statement to his daughter: "Abby I am assuming that you did run away," he wrote.
FBI Agent Kieran Ramsey, one of the lead investigators in the missing person case, acknowledged that the investigation is considering the possibility that Abigail ran away, among several other possibilities.
Law enforcement officials have expressed "grave" concerns about Abigail's whereabouts, saying she could be somewhere held against her will.
The letter was written Oct. 22, postmarked Oct. 23 and received by Abby's mother Nov. 6, according to Senior Associate Attorney General Jane E. Young. Young would not say from where the letter had been postmarked, and authorities would not reveal its contents.
"Since a letter surfaced on Nov. 6, I'm just going to assume that she did (run away)," he said. "I hope this clarifies what I meant."
READER COMMENTS: 6
- Trio escapes Claremont fire after smoke wakes resident - 0
- Man suffers life-threatening injuries in Little Cohas Brook crash - 0
- Tractor-trailer pulls down poles, wires, closing part of Route 28 in Epsom - 0
- Commission honors seven for contributions to state firefighter training - 0
- Lost hikers found safe in Gilsum - 1
- Woman thrown from horse, injured - 0
- Stove ash blamed for Manchester garage fire - 0
- Derry Battalion Chief calls firefighter son a 'hero' for rescuing two boys from Hood Pond - 1
- Epsom trucker, 65, killed in I-93 crash in Salem - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say hit-and-run driver was observed tossing beer cans from car - 0
- City championship on the line Thanksgiving Day - 0
- Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket - 0
- On being American: A point for reflection - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: 'Tis the season for budget games and gimmicks - 0
- Police say woman stole pocketbook at Hudson Market Basket - 0
- Police say former manager of Hudson McDonald's stole $10k from restaurant - 0
- Manchester school exec contract squeaks by - 0
- Dartmouth gets 10 picks on All-Ivy team - 0
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.
Manchester school exec contract squeaks by
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
On being American: A point for reflection