Londonderry ponders $4 million school bond
During the Dec. 19 School Board meeting, district Business Administrator Peter Curro said he was initially opposed to proposing a bond. But following a lengthy discussion with the board, where Curro noted that without a bond the district's Maintenance Trust Fund would need to be raised from $500,000 to $850,000, school officials agreed to schedule a public bond hearing for Jan. 16.
The 10-year bond would be similar to the one that voters rejected at the March 2013 Town Meeting, according to Facilities Director Chuck Zappala.
The district spans seven buildings and more than 200 acres of grounds, he said, and next year's proposed Buildings and Grounds operating budget is currently set at $2,057,490.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: Age may change, but not our standards - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: A few 'ouches' aside, week went pretty well - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: On lice and why Marie Antoinette lost head - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: Travolta app proof we can handle anything - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: Weighty matters during wait at the DMV - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: Frustrations aside, my thanks, plow guys - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: Lot in a name, so we want to get them right - 1
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: Any meaning to groundhog predictions? - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: Glad to get emails; well, one of 'em, anyway - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: It's time to make legislative sausage - 0
- Memory of bombings remains vivid for those who were there - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: No power play in aldermanic chambers, mayor in good spirits - 1
- On Baseball: Locke pitches game in minor league rehab - 0
- NH's top prospects happy to be part of Boston - 0
- Relative newcomers vie for Boston title - 0
- NH College Notebook: Franklin Pierce's King named to 18U coaching staff - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: New Hampshire makes a big deal about Boston Marathon - 0
- Another View - Ahad Fazelat: How Medicare reimbursement numbers are misleading - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire
A cellphone ban: Ignoring inconvenient data
Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Restaurant owner faces up to challenge of Obamacare
'He is risen': 'As he said'