Hearing on Salem high school renovation scheduled
The board is holding a public hearing on the project at the high school's media center on Thursday, Jan. 16, to "consider the incurring of indebtedness for the purpose of construction and original equipping of renovations and improvements to Salem High School and the Salem High School Career and Technical Education center in the amount of $74,745,00," according to Bernard Campbell, board chairman.
Earlier in December, the School Board approved placing an article on the March town election warrant asking to appropriate the $74,745,000 for the high school project.
Part of the high school renovation project includes the renovation of the school's Career and Technical Education (CTE) center.
The superintendent said the public hearing and other potential meetings before the March vote are intended to answer all questions the public has about the project.
READER COMMENTS: 5
- Kathy Sullivan: Scott Brown’s prospects for a U.S. Senate win are poor - 12
- Deroy Murdock: A 'reset' with Russia that would get Putin's attention - 0
- Helen DePrima: How Obamacare worsened my health insurance - 18
- Jonah Goldberg: On Russia, Obama is stuck in the past - 3
- Ray Wieczorek: Joe Kenney is the man for the job - 1
- Roger Simon: How would Hillary handle Putin? - 2
- Charles Krauthammer: The wages of weakness - 0
- George Will: The face of IRS behavior - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 7
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 600 votes cast in Hudson by midday - 0
- Man dies after officer-involved Rochester shooting - 0
- Londonderry polls average 100 voters per hour - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Nashua school members' letter prompts an apology - 0
- UNH Law named a top 100 law school in magazine’s rankings - 0
- Musher Seavey wins Alaska's Iditarod dogsled race; woman with NH ties finishes second - 0
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Revised lice policy gets cool reception from some at Manchester school meeting - 1
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'
Manchester schools project budget surplus