Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Detective to remain free on bail pending trial
George Wickson, a Plaistow police detective, is shown here testifying at a court hearing on Nov. 1. He is facing charges for allegedly threatening a man with a knife during an off-duty incident in May. JAMES A. KIMBLE
George Wickson, 40, was allowed to remain free on $10,000 personal recognizance bail but will have until Tuesday to turn himself in to be booked and processed at the Rockingham County Sheriff’s Office.
Prosecutors say Wickson also groped a 21-year-old woman and threw a beer and lunged at another woman during the incident.
Portsmouth defense lawyer Brian Lavallee disputed the state’s version of events Monday, saying his client adamantly denies the allegations.
Wageling ordered Wickson to not possess a firearm, or other dangerous weapon while awaiting trial.
His next court hearing is March 11.
Court papers say Wickson grabbed the 21-year-old woman by the hair at one point, “attempted to kiss her” and grabbed her buttocks. Wickson threw the beer at a 30-year-old woman, and “then lunged towards (her) as if to hit her,” according to court records.
Wickson was placed on unpaid administrative leave following his indictments in superior court. He was also removed from the county sheriff’s drug task force.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Police release photos from alleged hotel robbery - 0
- Nashua driver charged after crashing car 25 minutes after getting 92-mph speeding ticket - 1
- Chester deputy fire chief jailed for allegedly violating restraining order - 2
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 28
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
- Hampstead man accused of sex assaults on girl - 0
- Police say man kills daughter, 6 grandchildren in Fla. murder-suicide - 3
- 2 men arrested in Manchester SWAT raid, drug bust - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
Goodell vows domestic violence change
NH's future: Dean Kamen highlights a problem
- Total Votes: 917