Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
Detective to remain free on bail pending trial
George Wickson, a Plaistow police detective, is shown here testifying at a court hearing on Nov. 1. He is facing charges for allegedly threatening a man with a knife during an off-duty incident in May. JAMES A. KIMBLE
George Wickson, 40, was allowed to remain free on $10,000 personal recognizance bail but will have until Tuesday to turn himself in to be booked and processed at the Rockingham County Sheriff’s Office.
Prosecutors say Wickson also groped a 21-year-old woman and threw a beer and lunged at another woman during the incident.
Portsmouth defense lawyer Brian Lavallee disputed the state’s version of events Monday, saying his client adamantly denies the allegations.
Wageling ordered Wickson to not possess a firearm, or other dangerous weapon while awaiting trial.
His next court hearing is March 11.
Court papers say Wickson grabbed the 21-year-old woman by the hair at one point, “attempted to kiss her” and grabbed her buttocks. Wickson threw the beer at a 30-year-old woman, and “then lunged towards (her) as if to hit her,” according to court records.
Wickson was placed on unpaid administrative leave following his indictments in superior court. He was also removed from the county sheriff’s drug task force.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Supreme Court: Indigent woman entitled to state-funded services - 0
- Following drug bust, questions raised about Manchester pizza restaurant - 1
- Somersworth man charged in three incidents - 0
- Fathers of injured teens pleased with order sending back Coco to jail - 0
- Exeter man arraigned in pair of Portsmouth armed robberies - 0
- Pa. man will go to trial for two-state chase - 0
- Arrest made in fake Nashua bomb threat - 0
- Two of Gregory Smart's killers nearing release - 15
- Speeding stop leads to drug and alcohol charges for Nashua men - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portland takes first of two from NH Fisher Cats Saturday - 0
- Readers' Choice winners say public vote is meaningful - 0
- Amherst mini-golf course is readers' top choice - 0
- Twins Smoke Shop focuses on good cigars, happy clients - 0
- 'Backstage' NASCAR passes are fans' delight in Loudon - 0
- Motorcyclist killed, passenger injured when hit by car in Manchester accident - 0
- Bicyclist injured when hit by car in Hudson - 0
- Police hope for driving dream, but prepared for driving nightmare in Loudon - 0
- Police investigate serious accident in Manchester - 0
New Hampshire events starting on July 13
Alewives and leeches; fireworks in the rain
VA woes across the country led NH to reforms
The U.S. is a beacon still
With the NASCAR fans, Jr.'s The Man
Bicyclist injured when hit by car in Hudson
Red Sox' Holt has All-Star history
- Total Votes: 917