Home » Opinion » Editorials
Wait, there's more: City police, others save Christmas
The one last week here in Manchester was among them.
When police officers went shopping for replacement gifts for the family, the local Sears, Target, and Market Basket stores gave them big discounts. Some store employees also made personal donations.
Charest and her fiancee, Rudy Van Der Putten Jr., who are to be married on New Year's Day, have bigger challenges ahead. Rudy faces major cancer surgery.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onfrio's Patriots Notebook: Finding a way to win - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: NoNose gets readers talking like nobody's business - 0
- Know the Law: Your trust can be named beneficiary of an IRA - 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 0
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 0
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
- Inmate reported missing from Concord transitional unit - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'