Winter storm causes thousands to lose power
Public Service of New Hampshire reported about 10,000 residential outages, mostly on the western side of the state. Newport had nearly 1,800 outages, Newbury about 1,250 and Sunapee more than 900, according to an outage map estimate around 10 p.m.
Other utilities were also reporting outages as a steady rain froze with dropping temperatures.
The utility says crews are on the scenes and trying to restore power.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Slick commute in store for some NH motorists today - 1
- Windy weather whips across New Hampshire - 0
- Leaks fixed, visits resume at Goffstown women's prison - 0
- Storm brings heavy rain, flooding to southern NH - 0
- UPDATED: Flood warning issued for southern NH; leaks force visitation to be cancelled at Goffstown women's prison - 2
- Summit of Mount Washington white with rime ice, snow to follow soon - 0
- Storms in Meredith cause outages - 0
- USGS reports minor earthquake just outside of Concord - 0
- Quake strikes northeast of Tokyo, no reports of serious damage - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Person found dead in Manchester alley - 0
- Manchester police investigating after man stabbed in neck - 0
- Abuse history at Nashua address where 3-year-old died - 0
- Franklin robbery suspect sought, considered armed and dangerous - 0
- Rymes Oil employees pull Bradford man from flaming wreck, but driver succumbs to injuries - 0
- Franklin man and woman arraigned for attempted prostitution of minor - 0
- Rymes is ready to roll following Fred Fuller purchase - 0
- Police investigating death of 3-year-old girl in Nashua - 7
- Police say hit-and-run driver was observed tossing beer cans from car - 1
Manchester school exec contract squeaks by
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
On being American: A point for reflection