Home » News » Public Safety
Snow ride ends with injuries in Pittsburg
Jennifer Hrenko, 40, of Fall River, Mass, was riding on Steward Young Road at Lopstick Lodge when she lost control of the machine, which ran up an embankment, throwing her from the vehicle.
The snowmobile proceeded to hit a building and ended up smashing into a tree. Investigators were not immediately sure what caused Hrenko to lose control of the snowmobile.
Officials said Hrenko was wearing a helmet and was taken to Upper Connecticut Valley in Colebrook for treatment.
State Fish and Game Conservation officers are continuing their investigation.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Weare Deputy Chief Sean Kelly set to manage Weare Police Department - 0
- Lizard in food sends 300 schoolchildren to hospital - 0
- Body found under Manchester bridge identified as local woman - 0
- Communications giant chips in for generator for Derry FD - 0
- Londonderry family fair returns but child safety is still the theme - 0
- Girl, grandmother escape fire in Rochester home with no detectors - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition after crash in Rochester - 0
- Manchester police officers to be honored for work in unresolved West Side stabbing death - 5
- Authorities say smoking ignited oxygen in Derry apartment building fire - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
Goodell vows domestic violence change
NH's future: Dean Kamen highlights a problem