Home » News » Public Safety
Fellow hikers, search teams rescue injured Conn. man
A press release from the New Hampshire Fish and Game Department said that Peter Hapgood, 45, of Glastonbury, Conn., had summited the mountain and was heading down the Greenleaf Trail when he slipped and fell at around 11 a.m. Hapgood sustained injuries to his lower leg and called 911 for help.
The release said passing hikers stopped to treat his injuries and helped him get to the Appalachian Mountain Club's Greenleaf Hut, which is 2.7 miles from the trailhead.
Rescue teams took over from there, carrying Hapgood down an icy trail and to a Franconia Life Squad ambulance at 8:45 p.m. He was taken to Littleton Regional Hospital for treatment.
Crews from Pemi Valley Search and Rescue Team, Mountain Rescue Service, US Forest Service and Fish and Game conservation officers participated in the rescue.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Cause of 3-alarm Derry fire remains under investigation - 0
- Claremont police warn public about suspicious soda bottles - 0
- Mechanical failure ruled out in fatal plane crash that claimed lives of two Kingston men - 0
- UPDATED: Cause of three-alarm Derry blaze under investigation - 1
- Woman shot during Manchester drug raid ID'd - 0
- Weare police chief on leave amid domestic violence probe - 1
- Traffic backed up a mile in Hampton tractor-trailer accident - 0
- Citizen's Police Academy in Manchester set for Oct. 1 - 0
- Heating unit cause of blaze in Manchester - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: NH's job problem needs more than one fix - 0
- USNH's raw deal: Part deux - 0
- Every vote counts: Here is the proof - 0
- College Sports Roundup: NEC's Locke scores twice in soccer win - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Campbell, Jutras blank Gilford - 0
- Pirates stay hot, blank Red Sox - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua - 1
- NHIAA Golf: Crusaders teeing up special year - 0
Alleged accomplice in brutal Bedford home invasion, attack on doctor and wife, says his testimony was coerced
Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children
Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua
Win tickets to see Demi Lovato
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Win tickets to see Kip Moore
Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding?
Every vote counts: Here is the proof
USNH's raw deal: Part deux
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old
Labor fines proposed on school project