Home » News » Public Safety
Fellow hikers, search teams rescue injured Conn. man
A press release from the New Hampshire Fish and Game Department said that Peter Hapgood, 45, of Glastonbury, Conn., had summited the mountain and was heading down the Greenleaf Trail when he slipped and fell at around 11 a.m. Hapgood sustained injuries to his lower leg and called 911 for help.
The release said passing hikers stopped to treat his injuries and helped him get to the Appalachian Mountain Club's Greenleaf Hut, which is 2.7 miles from the trailhead.
Rescue teams took over from there, carrying Hapgood down an icy trail and to a Franconia Life Squad ambulance at 8:45 p.m. He was taken to Littleton Regional Hospital for treatment.
Crews from Pemi Valley Search and Rescue Team, Mountain Rescue Service, US Forest Service and Fish and Game conservation officers participated in the rescue.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
- ATV sinks trying to skim water of Weirs Beach - 0
- Fire destroys vacant Nashua building - 0
- Pre-St. Pat's party at UMass turns violent, 43 arrested - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus
Dover man found not guilty of sex assault but convicted of drugging three women in Portsmouth