Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Charges upgraded against former Fortune 500 executive accused of intentionally causing fatal crash
Robert Dellinger, 53, of Point Birch Lane, Sunapee, was arraigned on two second-degree murder charges via video conference for allegedly causing the deaths of a young couple in a Dec. 7 car crash on Interstate 89.
In the brief hearing, Assistant Attorney General Diana Fenton argued to maintain Dellinger's no bail status, which judge Lawrence Macleod agreed with. Macleod denied a request from Dellinger's attorney for a bail hearing.
Outside of the courtroom, Fenton said after looking at the evidence prosecutors felt the upgraded charges are warranted. He was originally charged with two counts of manslaughter for recklessly causing the death of Vermont couple Amanda Murphy and Jason Timmons.
Prosecutors allege he intentionally drove his vehicle from the southbound lane of travel across the I-89 median and collided with Timmons and Murphy's vehicle, in a failed suicide attempt on his part.
At the time of their deaths Timmons and Murphy were engaged to be married and Murphy was eight months pregnant with their first child.
Dellinger is expected to appear in court next on Jan. 14 for a probable cause hearing.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- More theft-related charges for Raymond woman - 0
- 3 men arrested for burglarizing car dealer - 0
- Alleged lip-biter faces more charges - 0
- Child left unattended while trio overdosed on heroin - 0
- Compounding company officials charged with murder - 0
- 'Resilient' teen has a long road to recovery - 0
- Kibby indictments detail months of depraved sexual violence and torture - 0
- Treasurer arraigned in theft from wool growers - 0
- Pet store burglary arrest leads to robbery charges - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Celtics dominate Orlando - 0
- Bruins hold on in Minnesota, beat Wild in OT - 0
- Andreoff hat trick paces Monarchs - 0
- Board of Ed finds in favor of Goffstown; Dunbarton plans Supreme Court appeal - 0
- Derry Administrator opposes council goal of cutting Derry tax rate - 0
- Thursday meeting to address Windham water project concerns - 0
- Derry takes steps to improve rundown buildings - 0
- Derry fire chief is retiring - 0
- Tech conference sparks ideas and imagination - 0
Police arrest pair after bullets fly
Jeb takes a dip: First Flavor of the Week
Charles M. Arlinghaus: Read these books, OK?
NH reacts to thaw with Cuba
Power Plays: BANANAS and NH's energy needs
Police: Man endangered child after overdose
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483