Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Charges upgraded against former Fortune 500 executive accused of intentionally causing fatal crash
Robert Dellinger, 53, of Point Birch Lane, Sunapee, was arraigned on two second-degree murder charges via video conference for allegedly causing the deaths of a young couple in a Dec. 7 car crash on Interstate 89.
In the brief hearing, Assistant Attorney General Diana Fenton argued to maintain Dellinger's no bail status, which judge Lawrence Macleod agreed with. Macleod denied a request from Dellinger's attorney for a bail hearing.
Outside of the courtroom, Fenton said after looking at the evidence prosecutors felt the upgraded charges are warranted. He was originally charged with two counts of manslaughter for recklessly causing the death of Vermont couple Amanda Murphy and Jason Timmons.
Prosecutors allege he intentionally drove his vehicle from the southbound lane of travel across the I-89 median and collided with Timmons and Murphy's vehicle, in a failed suicide attempt on his part.
At the time of their deaths Timmons and Murphy were engaged to be married and Murphy was eight months pregnant with their first child.
Dellinger is expected to appear in court next on Jan. 14 for a probable cause hearing.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Was a crime committed? Nashua police are not certain - 0
- Man arrested in Nashua market robbery - 0
- Fugitive of the week arrested in Maine - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- UPDATED: Rochester man shot multiple times as police attempted arrest - 0
- Bedford man sentenced for lobster trap thefts - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 2
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- No dice: House kills casino gambling bill - 0
- Poetry Out Loud championship rescheduled due to storm - 0
- Portsmouth buildings evacuated for reported gas leak - 0
- Mass. man dies in Chesterfield crash - 0
- Manchester collision results in pedestrian's death - 0
- SCORE workshop offers social media tips - 0
- Sens. Shaheen, Ayotte slam latest push for online sales tax - 4
- Bedford girls basketball team spreads the scoring wealth - 0
- New Hampshire high school athletes on the run (and jumping) in NYC - 0
SCORE workshop offers social media tips
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown doles out $29k to NHGOP committees from his PAC
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal
No dice: House kills casino gambling bill