Sen. David Boutin: Kudos to DRED for taking citizen complaints seriously
Quite frankly, I don't do a lot of horseback riding. So I'm incredibly grateful that one of my constituents, Susan Cassidy, shared her concerns about the new rules with me.
When faced with such an outcry, many a bureaucrat will get defensive or evasive. But both the Parks and Forests Divisions responded admirably, scheduling public hearings across the state and incorporating the public's input into your rules.
Open government is vital to New Hampshire's civic life. The new rules that DRED crafted will not only lead to safer, more accessible state parks, but show other departments how the rulemaking process should work.
Sen. David Boutin, a Hooksett Republican, represents Bow, Candia, Dunbarton, Hooksett and Wards 1, 2 and 12 in Manchester.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Loeb School spring classes offer career-change chance - 0
- 'Mathletes' chosen to represent NH in national competition - 0
- Pembroke Academy wants to help at-risk students - 0
- From Russia, with love of numbers at Nashua school - 0
- Great Bay Community College 'boot camp' trains students in precision manufacturing - 0
- Cyber defense competition coming to University of New Hampshire - 0
- Dartmouth College mourns sudden death of student - 0
- Ham radio introduction and class - 0
- At FIRST, it's all about learning and helping each other - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 600 votes cast in Hudson by midday - 0
- Man dies after officer-involved Rochester shooting - 0
- Londonderry polls average 100 voters per hour - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Nashua school members' letter prompts an apology - 0
- Musher Seavey wins Alaska's Iditarod dogsled race; woman with NH ties finishes second - 0
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Revised lice policy gets cool reception from some at Manchester school meeting - 1
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus