Home » News » Public Safety
Fund set up for daughters of mom killed in Christmas Eve crash
Hamilton, 30, was on her way to pick up Madalyn, Lillian and Caleigh at her parents’ home, which is just down the road from the intersection where the accident took place, Brookline Fire Chief Charles Corey said.
Hamilton’s father, Steven Whitcomb, is a volunteer firefighter and was among the first team of firefighters to arrive at the scene.
He disputed initial reports that Whitcomb had to pull his daughter out of the vehicle. He said Whitcomb was on one of the first two trucks that arrived, but was unsure of his exact role at the accident scene.
The family has released an obituary and asked for donations to the Hamilton Family Trust, which is set up at the Brookline branch of TD Bank.
Hamilton volunteered at Fire Department fundraisers, according to her obituary. She was an apprentice plumber and worked alongside her father, who owns a plumbing/heating business.
The collision sent her SUV into the northbound lane, where it was struck broadside by a Ford F-250 pickup truck. Hamilton was pronounced dead at the scene.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- City police schedule community meeting - 1
- Missing Massachusetts woman returns home - 0
- Nashua man's condition upgraded after Hudson bicycle-car collision - 0
- Missing autistic Maine teen found in Jefferson woods - 0
- Nashua bicyclist hurt in collision with car - 0
- Three injured in Route 16 accident in Ossipee - 0
- State fire marshal urges eventual ban on all fireworks - 23
- Manchester welcomes 14 new police recruits - 7
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Manchester's bike culture shifts into high gear - 0
- Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing? - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Red Sox makeover underway - 0
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: MacDonald has NHMS track experience - 0
- Drew Cline: Scott Brown plans to win over NH one handshake at a time - 0
- Anthony M. Kay - 0
- Walsh paces Sweeney Post past Laconia - 0
- Late rally lifts Red Sox past White Sox - 0
- On Baseball: Matinee win keeps Fisher Cats on a roll - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Salem drops $50 permit for Sunday sales
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Anthony M. Kay
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax
Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing?
Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release