Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
Thieves ransack Concord mailboxes in quest for cash and gift cards
CONCORD -- Police and federal postal inspectors are investigating a crime spree in which more than 100 mailboxes were looted Monday night and Tuesday.
Police said pieces of mail was removed from the mailboxes, and in some cases the entire mailbox was stolen. After being called by residents upset that the contents of the postal boxes on their streets had been strewn about, police noticed that select pieces of mail had been opened. The opened mail appeared to be gift packages and Christmas cards considered likely to contain gift cards, cash or checks.
Police have asked for help from the public in finding the thieves. Anyone with information is urged to call the Concord Regional Crimeline at (603) 226-3100. Persons in possession of a large number of gift cards, cash or checks are possible suspects, police said.
Among the streets involved were Mountain Road, Oakmont Drive, Pine Crest Circle and Thackeray Road. In all, 15 streets were identified as areas hit by the mail box thieves.
United States Postal Service inspectors have joined the investigation.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Supreme Court: Indigent woman entitled to state-funded services - 0
- Following drug bust, questions raised about Manchester pizza restaurant - 1
- Somersworth man charged in three incidents - 0
- Fathers of injured teens pleased with order sending back Coco to jail - 0
- Exeter man arraigned in pair of Portsmouth armed robberies - 0
- Pa. man will go to trial for two-state chase - 0
- Arrest made in fake Nashua bomb threat - 0
- Two of Gregory Smart's killers nearing release - 15
- Speeding stop leads to drug and alcohol charges for Nashua men - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portland takes first of two from NH Fisher Cats Saturday - 0
- Readers' Choice winners say public vote is meaningful - 0
- Amherst mini-golf course is readers' top choice - 0
- Twins Smoke Shop focuses on good cigars, happy clients - 0
- 'Backstage' NASCAR passes are fans' delight in Loudon - 0
- Motorcyclist killed, passenger injured when hit by car in Manchester accident - 0
- Bicyclist injured when hit by car in Hudson - 0
- Police hope for driving dream, but prepared for driving nightmare in Loudon - 0
- Police investigate serious accident in Manchester - 0
New Hampshire events starting on July 13
Houston hands Red Sox a loss Saturday
With the NASCAR fans, Jr.'s The Man
VA woes across the country led NH to reforms
Alewives and leeches; fireworks in the rain
- Total Votes: 917