Nov 6, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Thieves ransack Concord mailboxes in quest for cash and gift cards
CONCORD -- Police and federal postal inspectors are investigating a crime spree in which more than 100 mailboxes were looted Monday night and Tuesday.
Police said pieces of mail was removed from the mailboxes, and in some cases the entire mailbox was stolen. After being called by residents upset that the contents of the postal boxes on their streets had been strewn about, police noticed that select pieces of mail had been opened. The opened mail appeared to be gift packages and Christmas cards considered likely to contain gift cards, cash or checks.
Police have asked for help from the public in finding the thieves. Anyone with information is urged to call the Concord Regional Crimeline at (603) 226-3100. Persons in possession of a large number of gift cards, cash or checks are possible suspects, police said.
Among the streets involved were Mountain Road, Oakmont Drive, Pine Crest Circle and Thackeray Road. In all, 15 streets were identified as areas hit by the mail box thieves.
United States Postal Service inspectors have joined the investigation.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say woman stole pocketbook at Hudson Market Basket - 0
- Police say former manager of Hudson McDonald's stole $10k from restaurant - 0
- Manchester man facing two aggravated felonious sexual assault charges - 0
- State police OK to search cell phone to locate suspect who bit trooper - 0
- Police investigating death of 3-year-old girl in Nashua - 0
- Ferguson: Eyewitness testimony underscores challenge grand jury faced - 0
- Mass. man charged with kidnapping - 0
- Keene Pumpkin Festival issues to get full airing Tuesday - 1
- Driver charged after man falls off car’s hood - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- City championship on the line Thanksgiving Day - 0
- Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket - 0
- On being American: A point for reflection - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: 'Tis the season for budget games and gimmicks - 0
- Manchester school exec contract squeaks by - 0
- Dartmouth gets 10 picks on All-Ivy team - 0
- College Roundup: Mabrey leads St. Anselm men; UNH tops BU - 0
- Claremont's Tarczewski lifts Arizona - 0
- Men's Hockey: Wildcats at their worst against RPI - 0
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.
Manchester school exec contract squeaks by
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
On being American: A point for reflection
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483