Home » News » Public Safety
Rochester man recovering after being shot in home invasion
Police responded to 18 King St. at 12:01 a.m. after receiving a report of the armed robbery, including the fact someone had been shot.
Toussaint could not provide specifics because the case is under investigation; he said the two residents were awake when two men entered the home through the front door.
Police believe two masked men entered the bedroom of the man and his girlfriend. After the man refused to provide any money, he was shot in the left lower leg and was struck by another unknown object, according to police.
As the two men were leaving the home, they were confronted at the front door by another woman who lived in the home. She chased the two men down the street until they pointed the gun at her and told her to back away, which she did. Both men fled down Court Street on foot, according to police.
Following the incident, the injured man was taken to Frisbie Memorial Hospital, where he was reported in stable condition Monday morning, according to police.
Anyone with information is encouraged to contact Rochester Police Detective Jeremiah Murphy at 330-7140. Calls to the Rochester Crimeline will remain confidential, and rewards may be given for information leading to an arrest. Anonymous tips can be left on the Rochester Crimeline at 335-6500 or texted to Crimes (274637). In the body of the text, simply write TEXT4CASH followed by the tip.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Keene State College students clean up after mayhem, say weekend riots were not their fault - 1
- Londonderry man killed in I-495 off-ramp crash identified - 0
- Canaan man dies after vehicle falls on him - 1
- Police say party near Keene State got out of control, became 'mass casualty incident' - 19
- KSC president 'saddened and disheartened' at Pumpkin Festival mayhem - 2
- More violence at Keene - 3
- Londonderry man killed in Massachusetts motorcycle crash - 0
- Fire at Swanzey dog kennels destroys barn - 0
- No arrests in incident that brought out Manchester SWAT, locked down Central High School - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say man stole lottery tickets from Manchester store - 0
- KSC graduate in town says he aided a wounded party-goer - 0
- 48 set to be cleared after Ebola monitoring - 0
- Report: Sox may trade Cespedes - 0
- Pearson, Toffoli score in Los Angeles' win - 0
- Monarchs, UNH brace for home openers - 0
- State association honors broadcasters - 0
- Political correctness could wind up killing a lot of Americans - 0
- Fight leads to stabbing in Plymouth - 0
Keene Pumpkin Festival has uncertain future
Monitoring social media
Keene State College students clean up after mayhem, say weekend riots were not their fault
Shaheen, in Hooksett, rallies with union
After riots, soul-searching begins
On Obamacare: Shaheen doesn't get it
What rising tide? Kuster vs. Kennedy