Home » News » Public Safety
Rochester man recovering after being shot in home invasion
Police responded to 18 King St. at 12:01 a.m. after receiving a report of the armed robbery, including the fact someone had been shot.
Toussaint could not provide specifics because the case is under investigation; he said the two residents were awake when two men entered the home through the front door.
Police believe two masked men entered the bedroom of the man and his girlfriend. After the man refused to provide any money, he was shot in the left lower leg and was struck by another unknown object, according to police.
As the two men were leaving the home, they were confronted at the front door by another woman who lived in the home. She chased the two men down the street until they pointed the gun at her and told her to back away, which she did. Both men fled down Court Street on foot, according to police.
Following the incident, the injured man was taken to Frisbie Memorial Hospital, where he was reported in stable condition Monday morning, according to police.
Anyone with information is encouraged to contact Rochester Police Detective Jeremiah Murphy at 330-7140. Calls to the Rochester Crimeline will remain confidential, and rewards may be given for information leading to an arrest. Anonymous tips can be left on the Rochester Crimeline at 335-6500 or texted to Crimes (274637). In the body of the text, simply write TEXT4CASH followed by the tip.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 4
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 38
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
- Manchester blaze that left dozens homeless was accidental - 0
- Milford woman injured in Bedford crash - 0
- Park on any side of the street in Manchester during Christmas week - 0
- NYC mayor wants protests on hold after police deaths - 0
- Mother of two says she's lucky, even though condo destroyed in blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads